Following last year’s successful scheme, the Forest of Avon Trust is again be able to offer the following pot- grown bush apple trees for Bristol allotment- holders. Collection from Ashton Court in early November:
- Ashmeads Kernel, (Gloucestershire): eating apple, harvest October, flowering group 4; rootstocks: M27 and M9;
- Blenheim Orange, (Oxford): eating & cooking apple, harvest October, flowering group 3; rootstock: M27;
- Bramley’s Original, (Nottinghamshire): cooking apple, harvest October, flowering group 3; rootstocks: M27, M9;
- Bramley’s Seedling, (Nottinghamshire): cooking apple, harvest October, flowering group 3; rootstock: M27;
- Cox Orange Pippin, (Bristol- self fertile variety): eating apple, harvest October, flowering group 3; rootstock: M27, M9;
- Egremont Russet, (Sussex): eating apple, harvest October, flowering group 2; rootstock: M27, M9;
- Worcester Pearmain, (Worcester): eating apple, harvest September, flowering group 3; rootstock: M27.
The rootstocks above are dwarfing and will result in a guideline tree size of 2 metres (M27) and 2.5 metres (M9), respectively. All will need supporting with stakes/ wires and high levels of weed control and watering. All these varieties will pollinate each other.
Bush apple trees at least two years old and are approximately 1.2 to 1.5 metres high, including compost filled 12- litre pot.
This year apples are: £26, still well below garden centre prices. We can also supply pot grown pear trees on Quince C rootstock (£27), cherries on Gisela 5 (£28) and plums on pixy (£28). We also supply blackberries, raspberries and stakes + ties, mats + pegs and rabbit guards.
As a guide a maximum of three dwarf fruit trees can be planted on an allotment. In all cases, planting needs to be (simply) checked with Bristol’s Allotments team on (0117) 922 3737.
Ordering is simple: please complete: Fruit Tree Order Form and email it to: email@example.com
If you have any questions or special requests please also email the address above.
All are supplied subject to availability: alternatives will be offered.
Trees to be collected by arrangement from Ashton Court Estate and are supplied with a planting/ maintenance guide. Delivery for up to 3 trees can be arranged and is £5 (0- 5 miles of Ashton Court); £10 (6- 10 miles); longer distances by arrangement (typically between £4- £8/ tree).
A HUGE RANGE OF OTHER VARIETIES AND ROOT STOCKS CAN BE ALSO BE PRE- ORDERED AND COLLECTED FOR GARDEN PLANTING, please email to enquire.