Support us to deliver these 10 goals in the next 10 years
- Plant 500,000 native trees and shrubs with support from our partners and the community.
- Produce the Forest of Avon Plan, using this to guide tree planting and natural colonisation to the best places for people and wildlife.
- Work with 100 communities in areas of low tree cover to plant trees, enabling them to benefit from them.
- Support landowners to improve a further 500 hectares of woodland, containing up to 1 million trees.
- Provide free advice on ash dieback which could kill 12% of trees and also other tree diseases, protecting the trees we have and replacing those lost.
- Expand our woodland wellbeing activities across the whole of the West of England, enabling 50,000 people in need to learn about, improve and benefit from their local woodlands.
- Involve 100,000 people in volunteering, benefiting wellbeing and providing life and work skills.
- Run an online hub to support local people in planning, funding, planting and caring for trees, linking to local groups.
- Improve access to and within 50 local woodlands and promote the 45-mile Community Forest Path.
- Ensure the West of England continues to be strongly represented in national funding and policy decisions about trees.
This is on top of our ongoing work managing woodlands, improving public access, running wellbeing activities, delivering Forest School training, raising awareness and securing national and regional funding for our area!
We get things done and with your help we can do so much more.
Here are some great ways to be part of something big, to do your bit, have fun and transform the region and the lives of everyone in our community.
For now and for the future.