Level 3 Forest School Training
This in person course is sold out but new dates will be released soon.
In the meantime there is an online version of the course HERE.
If you would like to join a waiting list for the next in person courses please contact Jackie HERE.
If you wish to qualify as a forest school leader, this is the course for you. Start at any time and work at your own pace, plus a choice of dates for 10 days of workshops (split into two 5-day blocks).
Flexible learning at you own pace
With online resources you can embark on your next steps immediately and learn at your own pace and in your own time. You’ll have ongoing support from our trainer, Jackie and her team.
Price includes all tuition, support and 10 days of workshops
You will attend 10 days of workshop, when you are ready. This is usually split into two parts. Here we will sit around a campfire and consolidate everything you’ve learnt online. You choose the dates of your second workshop once you have attended the first.
Complete within 2 years from when you enrol
Usually people complete the course and the portfolio within a year to 18 months, we’ve extended the time, just in case.
Level 3 Forest School Course content includes:
- Learning the ethos of forest school and what this looks like in practice
- An introduction to the woodland environment and how to care for it
- Flora and fauna identification skills
- All you need to know about the health and safety element of running forest school, including risk assessments and safe use of tools and fire
- An overview of learning theories relevant to forest school and how to put these into practice
- Ideas of activities and crafts that you can use in your sessions
- Examples from Jackie, the trainers' own experience
- Access to Jackie's Go Wild Level 3 support group on Facebook
- Ongoing individual support whilst writing your portfolio plus lots more.
To undertake the Level 3 course participants need to:
- Be 21 years old or over
- Have experience or knowledge of Forest School
- Have relevant experience related to leading the groups that they work with or a minimum Level 2 child care or teaching qualification
- Have access to a group that they can plan and run 6 Forest School sessions with
- Have an up to date DBS (formerly CRB) check
- Have a suitable Outdoor First Aid Qualification (or be willing to get this before starting the 6 practice sessions). Ask us for details.
Our course is run in the beautiful Wye Valley, just 40 toll free minutes from Bristol.
Too far to travel in? Why not stay in the beautiful Wye Valley while you train? We can let you know about local camping / glamping / local accommodation options for e.g.
Camping: Beeches Farm Campsite
Glamping: Canopy and Stars
On completion of the course participants gain an AIM Awards Level 3 Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership and become fully accredited and qualified Forest School Leaders.
Our courses quickly book up, so click BOOK now for deposit details and to confirm your place with our trainer; (link goes to trainer's site).