We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (for example training bookings);
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using your personal data
- Administer the website;
- Respond to and fulfil requests for information and/or services coming through the website or otherwise. In the case of training courses, this information will be made available to our Associate Trainers to enable us to fulfil your booking; in the case of Replant Bristol contact information will be made available to Replant Bristol partners so that they respond to your interest; in the case of the One Tree per Employee campaign, contact information and the amount of the donation, will be made available to Greenhouse PR, so that they can thank you for the donation and send you campaign resources.
- Send you email or e-newsletters which you have specifically requested;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to the website.
If you are a volunteer then we may collect extra information about you, for example:
- Criminal records checks;
- Details of emergency contacts;
- Medical conditions.
We run activities for young people and vulnerable adults, in all cases accompanied by appropriate teacher and/or support staff. In these instances we may need to hold limited personal information to enable the safe and effective running of activities. In all cases information sharing is governed by the requirements of the participating organisation.
We do not use your personal data for automated decision making or profiling.
Legal basis for use
We will only use your personal data for one of the purposes described above if we have a legal basis to use it for that particular purpose. The legal basis is either your explicit consent or what is known as 'legitimate interest'. Legitimate interest applies to business contacts, and to other people who have expressed interest in the Forest of Avon Trust in a way that suggests to us that they would reasonably expect us to use their data for the purpose in question.
As an example, a school may have requested information on training courses. This might lead us to consider it likely that they would be interested in news about further courses and news about the Forest of Avon Trust in general. We might therefore send them an email or e-newsletter about these. There would always be the option to stop/ unsubscribe from any communication from us.
We keep your personal data for a period appropriate to the purpose of use. For example, if you have requested our email newsletter, we consider you to have requested it for as long as it is produced, or until you opt out. We may therefore keep your personal data for a number of years.
We may disclose information about you:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. As data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent in this manner.
You may instruct us, at any time, to:
1. let you know what personal data we hold about you,
2. delete any personal data we hold about you,
3. stop using your personal data for a particular purpose,
4. correct or update your personal data if it is incorrect, or
5. provide your personal data to other parties
If we have not dealt with an instruction or complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/
Unless otherwise stated, your personal data is not provided to us as part of a statutory or contractual requirement or obligation.
Third party websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
The data controller responsible for our website is the Forest of Avon Trust. All of the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK. However, for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance your information may be situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This will be done in accordance with guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For some purposes, the necessary data only is securely shared with a trusted third-party processor, who is instructed only to use the data for this purpose.
Forest of Avon Trust, May 2018.