Become a Friend

Become a Friend

We started in 2008 with £3,000 and so far have delivered £1.2 million of projects & activities. With your involvement we can do even more. Directly support our campaigns & projects by becoming a Friend from just £3/ month.

Joining Is Easy

Set up a regular monthly donation of £3 or more.

In return for a monthly donation of £3 or more you will receive:

  • Regular e-news
  • A free tree dedication and certificate with your message to you or a nominee
  • Half-price entry on to foraging courses
  • Opportunities to volunteer to care for woods or plant trees

Supporting our Work

By becoming a Friend, you directly support our work; over the last year this has included: 

  • Working with schools to provide and help plant 12 orchards;
  • Supporting 25 schools to plant trees to improve their grounds;
  • Running Woodland Wellbeing activity programmes for adults with learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and also people with dementia;
  • Running 9 accredited Forest School and Outdoor First Aid training courses extending local opportunities for outdoor learning;
  • Providing woodland management skills training for 11 community groups enabling them to better manage local woodlands;
  • Completing woodland management plans bringing the total area covered to 850ha;
  • Planting Colliter’s Wood, working with community and business volunteers;
  • Further improving The Retreat community woodland by undertaking hedge-laying, coppicing & thinning work and erecting information panels.

Join as a Corporate Friend 

Schools, local councils and businesses can become Corporate Friends. Membership is £5-£10 per month depending on the size of your organisation. Email: to find out more.


Donation In Aid Of:

Gift Aid Declaration:

Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate. 

Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.   In order to Gift Aid your donation you must tick the box below:

I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.