We're expanding our team and looking for an innovative individual to deliver a dynamic range of communications to promote and engage people with the Forest of Avon Plan: Tree and Woodland Strategy for the West of England which was launched in June 2021 across Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire as a partnership with the region’s authorities, the Woodland Trust, West of England Nature Partnership and many others.
The Forest of Avon has this new and unique opportunity to accelerate a diverse, inclusive, innovative and large-scale programme of communications to maximise awareness and action, for tree and woodland creation, management and preservation. There is a chance here to be bold with our messaging and engagement to make a huge impact and to reach and benefit thousands of individuals across the region. You would be applying your passion and creativity, working with a diverse range of partners and communities across the region.
The role will involve spending time with the Natural History Consortium generating activity throughout their high-profile events programme including the Festival of Nature and City Nature Challenge. The Forest of Avon Trust have secured funding for this role together with a Coordinator role and a substantial package of communications and engagement support under the Emergency Tree Fund funded by the Woodland Trust. The Emergency Tree Fund has been created to accelerate work towards targets under the Environment Act and England’s Tree Action Plan, to address the climate change and biodiversity emergencies and to create, protect and restore our trees and woodlands.
Two-year fixed term contract to start as soon as possible:
• Salary of £29,217 gross per annum pro rata
• 3 days per week (22.5 hours)
• Flexible working hours and days
• Main office base at Lockleaze Bristol, with some homeworking optional
• Time spent at partner offices, with some travel for site visits
• Employee Pension Scheme with 3% employer contribution
• A very friendly team with training opportunities, a flexible approach to working and an opportunity to influence nationally through our network of England’s Community Forests and work with Defra and national partners.
For more information, including the job description and specification details, please download the PDF below.
Details on how to apply below.