Working as one of England’s Community Forests, we are delivering and funding up to £1.5 million per year of woodland creation projects in the West of England. We are looking for a team-working, committed individual to join us to deliver tree planting projects across the region, working with private landowners, businesses, communities, councils, schools and others.
Are you knowledgeable about trees and woodlands? Experienced in working with a diverse range of partners to plan, fund and deliver habitat schemes? Committed to making a difference and playing a key role with an ambitious and growing charity? If so, we have just the role for you!
The Forest of Avon Trust is the West of England’s Community Forest, an independent charity and one of a national network. We are growing our work and impact through implementing the Forest of Avon Plan, delivering the multi-million pound tree planting programme ‘Trees for Climate’ as well as delivering other projects in woodland management, skills, education, community projects and health and wellbeing activity.
One- year fixed term contract, (with the aim to renew annually subject to funding, as Trees for Climate will continue until at least March 2025), to start as soon as possible:
· Salary band £29,200 to £33,000 gross per annum, with annual appraisal and review
· 5 days per week (37.5 hours)
· Flexible working
· 30 days holiday including usual bank holidays
· Main office base at Lockleaze, Bristol, with some homeworking optional and attending frequent meetings and site visits in the West of England area
· Employee Pension Scheme with 3% employer contribution
· We are a friendly team offering training opportunities, a flexible approach to working and an opportunity to influence nationally through our network of England’s Community Forests and work with Defra as well as regional and national partners.
Please see Job Description and Person Specification via the link below.