A must for everyone who would like to run Forest School in whatever setting. This accredited training course is run by experienced staff, passionate about outdoor, group-based learning and development.
The course covers woodland management, site maintenance and risk assessments, safe use of tools, species identification and how to put the forest school ethos into practice. You’ll also learn practical skills such as firelighting, campfire cooking and knifework.
To undertake the Level 3 course participants need to:
- Be 21 years old or over
- Have experience or knowledge of Forest School
- Have relevant experience related to leading the groups that they work with or a minimum Level 2 child care or teaching qualification
- Have access to a group that they can plan and run 6 Forest School sessions with
- Have an up to date DBS (formerly CRB) check
- Have a suitable Outdoor First Aid Qualification (or be willing to get this before starting the 6 practice sessions). Ask us for details.
Level 3 training involves:
- 9 days of tuition in the woods.
Part 1: 8th - 12th April 2019 and Part 2: 20th- 23 August 2019. This includes 2 assessments on the use of fires and tools and learning practical skills;
- 6 weekly practice sessions (and delivery of a case-study based on these sessions for a portfolio)
- Self-study time to complete a written portfolio.
Our course is run in the beautiful Wye Valley, just 40 toll free minutes from Bristol.
Too far to travel in? Why not stay while you train? We can let you know about local camping / glamping / local accommodation options for e.g.
Camping: Beeches Farm Campsite
Glamping: Canopy and Stars
On completion of the course participants gain an AIM Awards Level 3 Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership and become fully accredited and qualified Forest School Leaders.
Simply complete the booking form below. We will confirm your booking, send an invoice if you wish and provide payment details (bank transfer, PayPal or cheque). We then pass the booking details on to our trainer.
Simply email Phoebe at firstname.lastname@example.org